Elon Musk about trip to Mars: "I'll be surprised if we don't land on Mars in five years." See here
Elon Musk about Mars trip: "I'll be surprised if we don't land on Mars in five years." Musk said this, this month, with high ambitions for the next most likely trip to Mars with SpaceX. The billionaire said that it would be nice for people to live well at 34 million miles from Earth, to create ferns there and even to make a space station on that planet. "The next really important thing is to build a self-sustaining city on Mars and bring animals and creatures from Earth there," Musk told Time. "It's like a futuristic Noah's ark. However, we will bring more than two - it's a little strange if there are only two. "
Space policy expert and Arizona State University professor Greg Autry told Business Insider that Musk is unlikely to reach Mars until at least 2029, with or without NASA assistance. But Musk's ambitions are so great that he said he will reach Mars by 2025-2026, probably with the help of NASA. NASA, which claims that by 2035 it does not believe that an astronaut will reach Mars.
In addition, Musk told the nonprofit XPrize in April that some astronauts may have serious problems on the first flight, perhaps even worse ..., on the way to Mars, referring to the first flight.
The first flight is always an experimental one, having the role only of showing exactly what needs to be improved and solved until the next trip.
Musk's plan for Mars is as follows:
- the first trip will be an experimental one in which it will not be known how many of the astronauts will survive or suffer something very bad
- solving the problems from the first trip, so that the second or third trip can bring all the astronauts back to Earth safely
- after a few trips, space stations and various constructions will be created there
- People will be taken there for about 6 months, as well as on the ISS (International Space Station) to see if they can live in a space station on Mars
- colonizing the planet Mars and creating new greenhouses for plants
That's all we know so far, Elon will also announce more details in the coming years.
Article by: Andacs Robert Eugen, on 17 January 2022, at 02:55 am Los Angeles time
You can write your news here: https://www.bailey-universe.com/en/ad-your-news/
Bailey Universe contact: email@example.com