Curious about the universe?
- The Hubble Telescope (one of the best) allows us to look back billions of years
- It takes 225 million years for our Sun to travel around the Milky Way galaxy
- A year on Venus is shorter than a day
- Neutron stars rotate the fastest of all known objects in the universe, even rockets
- One tablespoon of neutron star weighs about one billion tons (a lot)
- The human brain is the most complex object known in the universe (but we only use 5% of it ...)
- Our galaxy, the Milky Way, has at least 15 satellite galaxies orbiting it, they may have formed just before it, maybe not.
- Sunlight takes 8 minutes to reach Earth
- Mount Olympus is the largest known volcano on Mars
- In the Milky Way, we have approx. over 100 billion stars